|UMR Oniris INRA BIOlogy, EPidemiology et Risk Analysis in animal health
based on the results obtained in partnership with:
- les Contrôles Laitiers,
- les Groupements de Défense Sanitaire,
- le Groupement Technique Vétérinaire des Pays de la Loire
Veterinary practitinners, farm advisors, farmers.
Principle of operation
- Health situation : frequency of health and reproduction disorders
- Technical characteristics of the farm
- Price and economical values
- Estimation of total economical losses of the health situation
- Estimation of losses associated to each health disorder
- Estimated losses (decreased output) do not include control costs (inputs from prevention and treatment). To estimate the total impact of health disorders, control costs should be added.
- Calculation principles are described in the presentation and the bibliography available on line
- It is possible to make several simulations for each farming in order to compare the observed situation with different expected situations.